Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Wrap-Up


I'm starting to see Valentine's Day stuff everywhere, so I thought I'd better finish up my thoughts on Christmas.  It's hard to give it up - the lights, the decorations, the activity - but I have officially put everything away for the season and have been tidying the whole house.



The last thing I do before putting the boxes in storage is write in my "Christmas Memories" book.  This book chronicles 20 years of Christmases, asking what we did, who we saw, what we ate, what gifts we received, and what special memories we want to remember!  The last page of each year has a space for a favorite holiday photo or card.  It's shocking to admit that we're half way through!  It has been such a joy to be able to look back and see what we did and how we felt over the years.  I've learned that we like to keep things low-key, love making special food for the holiday, and that my friend Becky gives the best cards (hers are in our book twice already!)  I remember Ali Edwards writing that it was the journaling in her scrapbooks that she loved the most, so I think this book will be a treasure for our family.

Do you have any traditions for putting away for the season?  How are you feeling about it all being over?

No comments:

Post a Comment