Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday


Bellingham Daffodils
In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.
                                                                                     --Mark Twain


As family and friends back home celebrate unseasonably warm weather, I have been holding on to the fact that the crocuses are blooming and that the daffodils and tulips aren't far behind.  The weather has been insane here lately!  Beansprout had never even heard the word "hail" before (ok, except when I have to break out into song while reading his University of Michigan book!) and this week we've had brief hail episodes almost every day.  Hail, followed by sunshine, followed by rain, followed by . . . you get the idea.  Insane.  I will look on the bright side and embrace the fact that Spring is unpredictable - a quality I usually appreciate, as it reminds me that I really do love the change in the seasons.

Are you celebrating the latest season?  Do you, too, find yourself complaining about the weather out of habit?  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment