Monday, July 16, 2012

Home ownership love!?!

Our home.

I have spent the past few months trying to love my house despite its flaws.  I'm sure many of you can relate to the fact that this is often times no easy task.  It never fails that when I sit down at the end of the day and survey the place or, more specifically, when I'm struggling to open or close the kitchen drawer for the zillionth time, I grumble.  I grumble about the kitchen, the bathrooms, the driveway, and the deck - the list could go on and on.  I'm always thinking of ideas on how we could change things, and there are so many things that need to be done.  Admittedly, we totally knew this going in; we knew the house hadn't been updated for 20+years, yet felt we had to have it.  It's unique, it fits.  Hence my resolution a few months back to try to love the house and speak kindly of it.  I figure we're going to be together a long time, so I'm hoping that a loving approach will make things easier on everyone.  

How do you look at your house?  Do you see all that you love or all that needs to be done?  

No comments:

Post a Comment