Sunday, April 7, 2013

Rainy Day Walks

Moss on tree stump


Today is one of those days when I'm reminded why I live here, far away from our family.  After breakfast this morning we took a 15 minute drive and found ourselves in the middle of the forest.  For a girl from Southeastern Michigan, this is simply amazing!  I think I drag my feet sometimes getting out of the house; I usually think there needs to be a big plan and a production made of things in order to go somewhere.  Not today.  Today we simply grabbed two snack bars (one for the trip there and one for the trip back), some water, and our rain gear.  It was simple and the walk was just what we needed to start the day off right!



Beansprout leading the walk.

Matt and I have always really enjoyed hiking and are happy to see, as I mentioned in this post, that our little guy feels right at home on the trails!  Today's hike was filled with extra excitement because we got to see a waterfall, huge construction vehicles, AND a helicopter at work.

Matt & Beansprout near the waterfall.

What have you been up to this weekend?  Anyone else out there who struggles to get out the house to do stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment