Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Favorites - Sara O'Leary

Where You Came From by Sara O'Leary


I don't know why I'm surprised, but little people tend to have rather big opinions.  When I think of all of our favorite books, I realize that though we have some of the same favorites, often times our lists differ quite a bit.  There are plenty of books and stories we own that Beansprout always enjoys and that I, quite frankly, try to avoid.  


One of the stories that always makes me laugh - Henry's father tells him he was found at the supermarket.
Where You Came From by Sara O'Leary is one of my favorites.  The illustrations are adorable and the story feels like it suits our family perfectly -- young Henry wants to know where he came from and his parents have a series of outrageous little stories they tell him.  There's something about the way the conversation goes back and forth between the parents as they "remember" where Henry came from that reminds me of the teasing ways we have with our Beansprout.  He enjoys the book more now that he's older, but it's definitely more my favorite than his.  In any case, it's a read I highly recommend for anyone, but I think it's especially great for children beginning to hit that questioning stage of where they come from.  


Can you think of any books that perfectly fit a particular questioning stage or any other stages?


Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment