Monday, June 18, 2012

What's Your Ideal Book Shelf?

Jane Mount's Ideal Bookshelf 439: DCE
I've seen the artwork from Jane Mount mentioned a few times over the last year or so and more recently featured on Apartment Therapy.  She started with an etsy shop, where you could purchase pieces she already had created or commission your own piece -- a painting which imagines all of your favorite books on one shelf.  Such a brilliant idea!  How I wouldn't love to own one of these pieces for myself!  As I looked around for links to her work, I found that she even has a book coming out in November -- intriguing stuff!  Hope you'll check it out!

I've been thinking about the few books I still have from my childhood and decided that the ideal bookshelf for my 10-year-old-self would likely include the following:

Black Beauty by Anna SewellCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteNancy Drew Mystery Stories by Carolyn KeeneWhere the Sidewalk Ends by Shel SilversteinLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderThe House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne

So the question begs: What do you picture on your ideal bookshelf?  How would this bookshelf have changed over the years?  I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I don't know if I could give you my whole list at the age of ten, but one of my favourite things to do was get the Apple book magazine sent home to pick out a book. At around the age of ten, I got the book "The Girl with the Silver Eyes" and it totally freaked me out. I thought my own daughter would like it too - so bought it for her online. Guess it didn't appeal quite the same way to her... Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would like this, Sarah! I'm surprised that I had more than a few books that I remembered from childhood :) Would love to hear what would be on the shelf now?!? I'm having a hard time coming up with a list. Summer homework for book club???

    ReplyDelete