Friday, June 1, 2012

We Love Books!

Trucking Books May 2011
Some days I feel we have truck loads of children's books.  They seem to be everywhere in our home!  They're on every floor of the house, they've taken over the living room book shelves, are tucked under beds, fill baskets, and are even tucked in dresser drawers.  As I think about it, I realize it's pretty funny that they aren't in the bathroom - I guess we haven't gotten to that stage yet :)  I'm thrilled that it's a problem that we have too many and that I can't seem to part with any of them, even the ones that are far too babyish for Beansprout.

Realizing we are bursting at the seams with books, I've been thinking about doing a post to talk about our favorite books and to show where we keep them.  The thing is, I've dragged my feet for who-knows-how-long and have yet to take the pictures.  So, I decided I need some motivation!  In October last year, I took part in a 31 day challenge and talked all month about PLAY.  It was so much fun and really kept me on top of photos and blogging because I had a goal I wanted to achieve.  That's why I've decided to make June all about books.  30 days of BOOKS!  I plan to talk about book storage, book favorites, library books, kids magazines, and I even have my best friend lined up to do a couple of guest posts!  I'm really excited and hope you'll read along with me!

To get things started, I'd love to hear what your childhood favorites were!  I remember loving The Monster at the End of this Book and Corduroy.

P.S.  Don't you love the Tow Truck Book Shelf!?!  It was a gift from Grandma and Grandpa last year - bought it at Superstore, but I think they've discontinued the line.  Boo.

2 comments:

  1. The six little possums: Pepper's good and bad day
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check those out! I wonder if there are different favorites between Canadians and Americans?!?

      Delete